I Trust You To Kill Me review by Rocco Deluca and the Burden

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Rocco Deluca and the Burden: I Trust You To Kill Me

Rocco Deluca & The Burden are a little-known band that somewhat surfaced a year or two back, so I'm not even sure what they're up to know, or if they're even still together. Anyway, they were featured in a mini-series on VH1, so I picked up the album. It's a bit of a hybrid sound, sounds like modern pop/rock, with slide/country overdriven guitar parts. It's not the most common sound, so you're in for something that's somewhat new. The only problem is that the guitar parts sound similar on most songs. I would compare them to a lot of the modern/'90s pop-rock bands, the kinds you see on those "Buzz Ballads" and other compilations. It's a cool sound, but once again it's too common for it to keep it's novelty appeal.

The singer, Rocco Deluca, sounds a little different from a lot of modern bands. His singing has a weird little accent to it, and it's straight singing. No hardcore vocals, or overly chick-sounding stuff. The style is a little generic, but his somewhat unique sound makes up for some of it. The lyrics are solid, most of it is straight-forward, no concept album make-you-confused stuff here really.

This is their only album (that I know of), and they're not very popular, so there's not much to compare it to. It's a decent modern rock/pop album. My favorite song would have to be "Swing Low", it's one of the More (only) truly exciting tracks, featuring a solid guitar solo. I love his voice and slide guitar work, but sadly it's overused throughout the entire album. If I lost it, I probably wouldn't mind much. It's one of those albums you throw on once in awhile, and listens to a few tracks off of. Nothing revolutionary, but then again it's not rubbish either.

djacob1
    this is an awful review. No wonder this guy only does local clubs in california...he's trying to stay away from negative people like you. I honestly think that he's actually taken the pop music on this album and completely twisted and shaped it to suit his style. What 90's pop song sounds like "swing low" or "soul" for that matter? You really should be careful what you write. It doesn't really give that great of an interpretation of the album it just gives a bunch of opinions. This album was great, id give it a 9. Its fun, chicks love it, and anyone can listen to it. some of the songs have a real dirty southern feel because of the metal slide he uses, also the resonator on his guitar makes his guitar sound like hes playing with steel strings that were touched by Jesus. rofl, i like how you contradicted yourself by saying "sounds a little different from a lot of modern bands" but then wrote: "The style is a little generic" That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. shows how much you know. This guy plays to sold out shows in California like all the time. Good job researching that one. This is album is a great pop album that is fun for anyone looking to hear pop music done by a fantastic musician. a must buy!