I Trust You To Kill Me Review

Rocco Deluca and the Burden: I Trust You To Kill Me
Release Date: Mar 21, 2006
Label: Ironworks Music
Genres: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Contemporary Singer/Songwriter
Rocco plays and sings a stunning array of his compositions that have been stirring a buzz on the LA scene for the last year.
 8.6
 7.3
 9.9
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
I Trust You To Kill Me Reviewed by: TJM2482, on february 13, 2008

Sound: Rocco Deluca & The Burden are a little-known band that somewhat surfaced a year or two back, so I'm not even sure what they're up to know, or if they're even still together. Anyway, they were featured in a mini-series on VH1, so I picked up the album. It's a bit of a hybrid sound, sounds like modern pop/rock, with slide/country overdriven guitar parts. It's not the most common sound, so you're in for something that's somewhat new. The only problem is that the guitar parts sound similar on most songs. I would compare them to a lot of the modern/'90s pop-rock bands, the kinds you see on those "Buzz Ballads" and other compilations. It's a cool sound, but once again it's too common for it to keep it's novelty appeal. // 7

Lyrics: The singer, Rocco Deluca, sounds a little different from a lot of modern bands. His singing has a weird little accent to it, and it's straight singing. No hardcore vocals, or overly chick-sounding stuff. The style is a little generic, but his somewhat unique sound makes up for some of it. The lyrics are solid, most of it is straight-forward, no concept album make-you-confused stuff here really. // 8

Overall Impression: This is their only album (that I know of), and they're not very popular, so there's not much to compare it to. It's a decent modern rock/pop album. My favorite song would have to be "Swing Low", it's one of the More (only) truly exciting tracks, featuring a solid guitar solo. I love his voice and slide guitar work, but sadly it's overused throughout the entire album. If I lost it, I probably wouldn't mind much. It's one of those albums you throw on once in awhile, and listens to a few tracks off of. Nothing revolutionary, but then again it's not rubbish either. // 7

Comments