My Riot Review

7.3
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
My Riot Reviewed by: hardrock1315, on september 20, 2006

Sound: First, I'd like to say that everything Roger Miret has been involved with is awesome (well, besides his relationships, but that's a different story). Every Agnostic Front album is at least good, and the same goes for the Disasters albums. This is the latest one, released August 22, 2006. This CD is kind of a mix of streepunk, oi, and pop-punk. Not much hardcore to be found here. The label and production change brought about a slight change in guitar tone, although it still sounds really cool. Roger may not be doing anything original here, but it's pretty damn fun to listen to. The album isn't without it's duds, though. "My Riot", "Ramones", "Everything I Do", and "F--k You", are all pretty rough to listen to, but the rest of the album is a lot of fun, and even some interesting sounds. "Janie and Johnny" has a Clash-tinged sound, and "Warning! Warning!" has some cool parts with speaker panning. Also, "R.F.F.R." has a cool female-sung part. Other than that, this is plain old fun punk rock. Nothing new or groundbreaking. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics kind of reflect the music, but they're really nothing special at all. We've heard it all before: cars, girls, badasses, skinheads, riots, etc. But it's still a little fun, even if it is cheesy as hell. Roger has never been a great singer, but he's enthusiastic, and that's what counts, right? Just kidding. He fits the songs well, even if his lyrics are kind of played out and ridiculous. // 6

Overall Impression: I would say this is Roger Miret & the Disasters worst album, but it's still good. The most impressive songs by far were "Noho Soho" and "Warning! Warning!". They're the kind of songs that make you want to get up and dance. The rest of the album is kind of generic fun streepunk/oi/pop-punk music. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably get a friend to burn it for me. I'm not quite sure if I would pay for it again. // 8

Comments