Amused To Death review by Roger Waters

• Released: Sep 1, 1992
Roger Waters: Amused To Death

The quality of the sound was excellent, as the album was recorded with quadraphonic sound, which is a four channel stereo system. The old album, 'Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking; was recorded as holophonics which is meant just for headphones. Jeff Beck played guitar on this album, and did an excellent job with it. I never really got into Jeff Beck, but he helps bring Waters' album to life here. Don Henley guest vocals on "Watching TV" and Flea recorded an upbeat bass line for the title track but it was unfortunately never used (not really relevant but good trivia though nonetheless).

The lyrics are your far from average political songs. Specific issues are brought into the light, such as the Tienanmen Square incident, President George Bush, and Andrew Lloyd Weber. They flow well with story of the album, which is a monkey watching TV. Roger Waters uses this as a metaphor that we're the monkey and the world is the TV. Waters' voice was ok, and sounded a bit strained at times, but overall adds to the album and he can still hit those high notes for example "Too much rope".

This album is better than 'Radio KAOS' and I think it's as good as 'Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking' and on par with 'The Final Cut'. I liked What God Wants, Too Much Rope, "Watching TV", and "Bravery Of Being Out Of Range". In fact, the whole album stands out really well. I really cherish this album because I spent many long bus rides home from school listening to this awesome album. I got it for Christmas and I didn't really care for it at first but than I saw a video from the album and I was like I'll give this album a shot! Well, I did and I'm glad I popped it in my CD player. If it were stolen or lost I'd get a new copy.

Paul Minnaar
    This is the greatest album ever made, musically and lyrically. This is not an exaggeration!
    kaliba
    The single amused to death is one of my all time favorate tracks and ive its sounds increadable live aswell!!
    TheFloyd79
    Not a bad album but somewhat disappointed with it. I feel Roger decided to offend everything and everyone. Again.
    RachArmstrong
    This is easily one of the best albums I have ever owned!! Stands out as more Floyd than anything post Roger Waters, as much as I love Momentary Lapse and Division Bell...it is in line with The Final Cut but in some way even better