Ca Ira review by Roger Waters

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Roger Waters: Ca Ira

One word describes this masterpiece. Wow. I never realized Roger Waters, the man who can help create such great rock albums, could write music for an orchestra so well. I was hesitant of buying this album at first because it is an opera, but I don't regret it. The sound is thickly structured and produces great imagery.

I was a little disappointed that Roger Waters didn't actually write the lyrics for this. He took a libretto about the French Revolution that were, naturally, in French, and translated them into English with his own flair. Even though he didn't actually write them, they are still very great lyrics.

This album was a first for me. I never thought I would even consider picking up an opera, but when I realized it was written by a man that has created some of my favorite rock albums of all time I had to pick it up. If you are going to purchase this album, get the deluxe edition. It has 2-CDs, a "making of" DVD, and a 60 page booklet. Do not hesitate to buy this; you will not regret it.