In The Flesh - Live [DVD] review by Roger Waters

• Released: Dec 18, 2001
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Roger Waters: In The Flesh - Live [DVD]

The sound of this album is great! Roger uses a 5.1 Surround sound system at his concerts and is providing 5.1 on this DVD! Roger is sounding great, his bass is dominant. Snowy White, Graham Broad, Andy Fairwhether Mellow, pretty much every musician at this concert was and expert. Many people bash Doyle Bramhall II (the lead guitarist) because he isnt as good as Gilmour, which is true, but it's impossible to compare the two. Doyle is as a matter of fact a wonderful guitarist (with a horrible wardrobe, what the hell is he wearing)! The performance was flawless (but you can't be sure of that now of days with the audio editing capabilities of today). I would also like to mention that Roger does throughout this DVD drop the F-Bomb a few times.

Content — 8
Roger plays these songs in the following order: 01. In The Flesh 02. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives 03. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) 04. Mother 05. Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert 06. Southampton Dock 07. Pigs On The Wing (Part 1) 08. Dogs 09. Welcome To The Machine 10. Wish You Were Here 11. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-8) 12. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun 13. Breathe In The Air 14. Time 15. Money 16. Pros & Cons Of Hitch Hiking Part 11 (a.k.a. 5:06 AM-Every Strangers Eyes) 17. Perfect Sense (Parts 1 & 2) 18. The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range 19. It's A Miracle 20. Amused To Death 21. Brain Damage 22. Eclipse 23. Comfortably Numb 24. Each Small Candle This setlist is great, and includes some classics from the underrated Floyd albums such as The Final Cut and Animals. They have included many bonus features including Band Member Biographies, a gallery of images from the tour, and a behind-the-scenes look at the tours preperation. The only thing I have against this DVD is that there coule be more features and some more solo tunes in the setlist.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality is great. The camera seems to be on the right person at the right time. Everyone working on the stage is shown several times on the DVD so nobody is left out. The camera angles don't change rapidly like some other DVD's where each member is shown for about a split second.

This isnt comparable to any other Floyd DVD because of its content so I refuse to compare it. The most impressive thing about this DVD is the beautiful sound quality, which makes it sound like you are really there. I love Rogers energy on the stage, he always gets into his music and releases that energy into the audience. that's what makes a Waters concert great and worth seeing! As I mentioned before what I don't like about the DVD is that there aren't that many features and I would have liked more Waters solo material in the setlist. If this DVD were lost or stolen I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

pinkfloyd77
    PIGS 3DO ALL THE WAY!!!! if only he replaced sheep with that one when he comes to the US
    apples&oranges
    the best performance is "every strangers eyes" in my opinion, i love watching him play that song.
    pinkfloyder1000
    This DVD is great, though there are a couple cons to it. 1. Roger doesn't do a whole lot of singing, the backups, and (unfortunately) the guitarist do. 2. The lead guitarist(can't remember his name, not Snowy White). I don't like his singing, don't like his style of playing, the whole show he looks like he doesn't want to be there or hes bored or something. Other than that, the show is great, the music is better, and its Roger Waters,-anything with him involved is great.
    pinkfloyd77
    sorry for all the typos and mistakes i made in my review. now that i look at it i feel really stupid. LOL i called Andy Fairwether Low, Andy Fairweather Mellow