In The Flesh - Live [DVD] Review

artist: Roger Waters date: 09/04/2006 category: compact discs
Roger Waters: In The Flesh - Live [DVD]
Release Date: December 18, 2001
Recorded on a single night in June 2000, In The Flesh - Live is a thrilling live testament to the strength of Roger Waters's peculiar artistic vision. Backed by a crack ensemble of both fresh and seasoned players, the former Pink Floyd songsmith powers through Floyd classics, underserved relics, and highlights from his spotty solo career.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 9
 9.4
 8.9
 9.8
In The Flesh - Live [DVD] Reviewed by: AWA, on february 20, 2006

Sound: For those that didn't know, Roger Waters was the main songwriter for Pink Floyd. The music is absolutely groundbreaking, and sounds like no other. It has some of the best guitar and keyboard solo's ever in my opinion. The main style would be classified as progressive, although it covers a wide spectrum of genres. // 9

Overall Impression: The only thing I didn't like about this DVD was that they didn't play Pigs (3 different ones). I would have loved to see the giant pig, but this DVD was overall a great deal. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definitely buy another. // 9

In The Flesh - Live [DVD] Reviewed by: pinkfloyd77, on september 04, 2006

Sound: The sound of this album is great! Roger uses a 5.1 Surround sound system at his concerts and is providing 5.1 on this DVD! Roger is sounding great, his bass is dominant. Snowy White, Graham Broad, Andy Fairwhether Mellow, pretty much every musician at this concert was and expert. Many people bash Doyle Bramhall II (the lead guitarist) because he isnt as good as Gilmour, which is true, but it's impossible to compare the two. Doyle is as a matter of fact a wonderful guitarist (with a horrible wardrobe, what the hell is he wearing)! The performance was flawless (but you can't be sure of that now of days with the audio editing capabilities of today). I would also like to mention that Roger does throughout this DVD drop the F-Bomb a few times. // 10

Overall Impression: This isnt comparable to any other Floyd DVD because of its content so I refuse to compare it. The most impressive thing about this DVD is the beautiful sound quality, which makes it sound like you are really there. I love Rogers energy on the stage, he always gets into his music and releases that energy into the audience. that's what makes a Waters concert great and worth seeing! As I mentioned before what I don't like about the DVD is that there aren't that many features and I would have liked more Waters solo material in the setlist. If this DVD were lost or stolen I would buy it again in a heartbeat! // 9

Comments