Radio K.A.O.S. review by Roger Waters

• Released: Jan 1, 1987
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Roger Waters: Radio K.A.O.S.

I am a big Pink Floyd fan, but this album is terrible. I don't really like many of Roger Waters solo projects to begin with, but I was told that this is different. It is very strange, and I can't really make much sense of it. Maybe I need to listen to it again but I don't like it, it is awful. If you want something by Roger Waters get the Pink Floyd The Wall album it was mostly written by Roger Waters and it is a very good album.

There is a story behind this whole album but it is pretty complicated to follow. However the lyrics do go quite well with the music.

I would prefer anything by Pink Floyd to a Roger Waters solo album. There are no impressive songs on this album not any worth menchaning. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't buy it again. Being a Pink Floyd fan I bought this thinking that it would be similar to that, how wrong I was. I know that some of the earlier Pink Floyd stuff is really strange but this is different. Terrible!

MegaRon
    I think you're wrong, pal- it's an awesome album, but yes, there is a story to be followed. If you want a synopsis of it, I can provide you with a fair one.
    RR_DF_RaptorRed
    It is truly a great album Roger Waters is truly a musical genius and I find his solo albums, this one including truly better than most of his Pink Floyd works, it is all great social commentary but perhaps Johnny Blade does not understand this "no impressive songs on this album not any worth menchaning" i do believe that The Tide Is Turning is worth MENTIONING, seeing as Roger also used it as his closing song in the historic The Wall : Live In Berlin concert
    pinkfloyd77
    it may not have all the talents of every Floyd member this is still a great album! it has meaning, especially in the track "The Tide is Turning". i think you should re-listen and think about the songs, these songs are meant for more than a quick listen for enjoyment.
    Johnny Blade
    I do believe that Roger Waters is a musical genius but moreso when he was with Pink Floyd.
    apples&oranges
    you dont think "radio waves" or "the tide is turning" is worth mentioning man? there 2 of the best songs ever, the album is just as good as the final cut in my opinion.
    the venny
    roger waters is pink floyd...he supplied vertually everything.....hes now better off without the others...only just found this bit.....tala..
    Grand Master Cookie
    radio kaos is amazingly different to other albums, as with most albums by roger waters/pink floyd there seems to be a story or message, radio kaos is not an album, it's a work of art, that has a creative genius in its concept and this was roger waters expressing his views on the politicul state of affairs at the time and doing so in a none cheesey way. would you get somthing this genius from the spice girls. you have to be very shallow to not appreciate this album
    undeadch
    a little comment to the guys who thinks, that Roger Waters is Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd is a Band, and roger waters has made it to a musical Monster. The Wall and The Final Cut are in my opinion a Joke. when you`re listen to Ummagumma or their Live shows from 1969-1973 you`ll see that this is very atristic Music. This is Pink Floyd for me, and not the Wall. in a german musicmagazine it was written " Music Popoular , band dead" and that`s what i would say. greets