The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking review by Roger Waters

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
Roger Waters: The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking

The music is the best of Roger Water's solo albums. Eric Clapton guests in the albulm as the lead guitar of course. Eric is at his best with a lot of blues type guitar playing and some hard jazzy stuff too. The album is about a dream that a man has and the songs are named by the time during the night that the part of the dream occurred. The Dream is about the man picking up a hitchhiking woman and the story about him and his life with the hitchhiking woman and how his life changes in a blink of an eye.

The lyrics fit great with the story of the album. It is hard to follow because the lyrics are so deep and Roger Waters does incredible with the lyrics acting like a real dream. The lyrics are all weird like a dream. Roger Waters sings all of the lyrics and does an excellent job as usual.

This album ranks of Roger's solo albums tied with "Amused To Death" for #1. My favorite songs on the album I would require are "Gone Fishing" and "Every Strangers Eyes." If I lost it I would definitely pick this one up again.

apples&oranges
    my favorite songs are probably "every strangers eyes" or "running shoes" if i had to pick from pros and cons.
    The_lizard_king
    the whole album is good, u can't listen to it in parts u gotta listen to it in one piece but every stranger's eyes is pretty amazing and so is go fishing. Sexual revolution has a dark tone but its an amazing song.
    Grand Master Cookie
    this is an excelent album by all means, most of the album is played in the same chords (Am,C) so it tends to feel like listining to one long song at times(wich is good)every strangers eyes is a classic! Roger Waters! It seems this man can do no wrong.