Rooney review by Rooney

• Released: May 27, 2003
Rooney: Rooney

When I first popped in this cd I figured Rooney would be another crappy punk band just trying to lure me in with a hint of pop-rock. Man was I wrong. Rooney takes sounds from the 60's, a dash of punk and a bit of rock and roll, throws it in a blender and out comes all the great songs on this cd.

The lyrics, like the sound, are much from the 60's pop songs about love mixed in with large amounts of rock. In songs like postar you know rooney isnt president of the britney spears or N*Sync fan club. The lead singer is pretty good and definitely goes along well with the music.

Overall I can not really compare Rooney to other stuff I've heard. It would not be fair to say theyre pop because theyre not, it wouldn't be fair to say theyre punk because theyre not that either, mostly if I had to choose I'd say Rooney is mostly old school rock and roll with a combination of the other two. The best songs from the album are Blueside, Stay Away, I'm Shakin, Popstar, Daisy Duke, Sorry Sorry, and If It Were Up To Me. I love how rooney succesfully combines different types of music into one unique sound. What I hate is the somewhat cheesy back up vocals but thats it. If this CD were lost or stolen without question I would definitely buy another one, hands down. This a great compact disk and is a great influence on todays punk and hip hop dominated music industry.