Brace Yourself For The Mediocre Review

Roper: Brace Yourself For The Mediocre
Released: Oct 19, 2004
Label: 5 Minute Walk
Genre: Gospel
It's sort of punk-ish because of how fast they play and the genral tone of the music, but the solos and progressions are amazing.
 8.9
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Brace Yourself For The Mediocre Reviewed by: Biohazard, on july 25, 2005

Sound: This band is the band of former Five Iron Frenzy singer Reese Roper. its a pop-punk album but in my opinion its really good. It's good to see reese stick with music because he has such a great voice and can write such good songs. If you like the jump around music by Green Day or Blink or any punk artist, you'd like this album alot. It is definitely full of jump around songs. // 8

Lyrics: It amazes me that reese hasn't had a commercially successful band yet. His voice has this ability to make any song complete. He could sing like Slipknot one day but be in a church choir the next. His lyrics are so thoughtful too. You can tell that he is so passionate about some songs and others seem like he wrote it down first then didnt even try to edit or revise them, just went straight to making the song. He sings about stuff that no one else would ever think of, like old people cutting coupons. I'm gonna give this a 4. // 8

Overall Impression: If this album would be lost or stolen, I'd find a replacement as soon as I could. This is great car music. Just put it in and sing the lyrics while driving and you'll love it. I'd compare it to Five Iron Frenzy, but I don't know how many people know of them so I'd also say the hyper songs from Green Day. The best songs would have to be Vendetta!, Hello Lamewads, and a cover of Shania Twains You're Still The One (hell yes it rocks). My only complaint would be length of songs, but that could apply to everyone. I'd seriously recommend getting this album. // 8

Comments