Perhaps, I Suppose review by Rufio

• Released: Jun 12, 2001
Rufio: Perhaps, I Suppose

The first CD, Perhaps, I Suppose was a great debut album for Rufio. However, where the band excelled in musicianship in all areas, they lacked in depth of sound and recording quality. For those who indulged themselves in the original CD but wished for a little better quality, this is your wish granted. Not much has changed from the original CD in terms of the music itself, maybe a change here or there, a slight variation once in a while, but nothing to drastic. The Deluxe Edition packs the same punch as the original but with a little more kick, bringing out Rufio's full talent.

The lyrics are superb; they show that songs don't have to rhyme in order to be great or fun to listen to. The lyrics are the same as in the original but once you hear them, you'll never be able to get them out of your head. Singer Scott Seller's voice fits perfectly into the pop-punk sound of the band and really drives home the meaning within the lyrics.

The most impressive songs on the Deluxe Edition (due to the improvement of recording and sound) are "Above Me," "Road To Recovery," "Tears" (where there is a bit of screaming) and the instrumental song "The Wrath." In addition, not only do you get the remastered songs, you also get more for your money with the original recordings of "Above Me," "Road To Recovery," "One Slowdance," "Just A Memory" and "Save the World." If you love Rufio as much as I do, you should buy the Deluxe Edition even if you have the orginal Perhaps, I Suppose CD.

andres lujan
    Your right about above me it's a radd song to play. I love playing it even though i don't have it just right. But i still never thought they were just another band. once i heard them they became my favorite band and all but still i didn't dis.
    Somekid182
    yeah, they're awesome. i think they have some of the hardest guitars to learn. i've learned about 8 songs by them. they're my second favorite band =)
    dontlookdownkid
    Why do people always say rufio is a christian band and sing about christianity? Scott says "God" sometimes in songs just to strengthen the lyrics, but "Save The World" is not a christian song. If you ACTUALLY listen to what he's saying then i think it's obvious that he's singing about how you should have a mind of your own and how stupid it is to have religion forced upon you...much deeper than the name of the song might lead you to believe.
    James TH
    and hockeyplayer168, never compare Rufio to Blink 182 or yellowcard ever again please...