Perhaps, I Suppose review by Rufio

• Released: Jun 12, 2001
Rufio: Perhaps, I Suppose

My Grandma got me this CD on the advice of one of my cousins many years ago. I thought that I would be cool listening to heavy, fast tempo punk! I was very wrong because when I listened to Rufio I thought that I had made a mistake by buying the CD. Over time, my listening became much more thorough and I picked out the unmistakably heavy feel that comes with most of the songs on this album without going over board and straying from the fast punk that they are known for. Key song for me were "Above Me", "In My Eyes", "She Cries", "Save The World" and "The Wrath" (which is quite a melody heavy driven riffs). Their sound is undeniably unique and none of the songs sound too similar to be annoying to listen to over and over again. A definite 10.

Scott Sellers (singer/guitar) has among the most unique style of singing I have ever heard. it's quite relief to know that Rufio aren't a whiny band and furthermore have a lot of fun with their lyrics, some of them are quite deep and poke fun at things in life, love, and spirituality. The lyrics go so well with the music that they meld together in seamless beauty.

This really is a perfect album by indie/punk-crew Rufio. What makes this album most important is the legacy that it will leave behind of a now disbanded Rufio. There is no doubt that if this album were stolen I would go out and get it again. There is a tight assembly of acoustic riffs, slow melodic solos, prestigious drums track, and a more than ordinary bass line in every song. there's too much to love and nothing to hate about Rufio's 2001 release of Perhaps, I Suppose.

Aurigo
    No doubt, that rufio was the best unheard of band, ever. They have to have got the best riffs, and they have every sound perfect on their songs. Rufio are my second favourite band.