The Comfort Of Home review by Rufio

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
Rufio: The Comfort Of Home

The sound is actually very impressive. Though the recording quality is excellent, I don't really factor that into my score. This is true because I like some stuff better with crappy recording quality. A prime example of this would be the fact that I like the demo version of Rufio's "Above Me", than their full length album's version. Aside from recording quality, this is some of the most catchy music you can find anywhere. Some people may not like Sellers voice though. I didn't at first but I caught onto it and now I love it. The leads are great and the rythym parts don't get old because they're constantly changing and don't get repetitive. They also have a wide aray of sounds. They can go from riffy so-cal pop punk like "Above Me", to love ballads like "One Slowdance", to inspirational rock like "Save The World". Overall their sound is just so-cal pop-punk.

The lyrics are very diverse. Almost too diverse. So diverse that at times, Rufio seems hypocritical. They discuss a wide array of topics such as the majesticness of gods grace to, wanting to be on your own, to saving the world for god. I think this album is more about the christian struggle more than anything. Seller's has a good voice although most may find it a bit "high" for their liking. I would say that the best song to show off Seller's skills is Face The Truth, which is probably one of my favorites on the album.

Overall, this is the most amazing album I have ever listened to. This is probably the only album I can listen to all the way through without skipping a song. Although I like all the songs, there are some obvious standout tracks. They include "Above Me", "One Slowdance", "In My Eyes", "She Cries", "Face The Truth", "Road To Recovery", "Tears", and "Save The World". They compare a little bit to New Found Glory, but are atleast twice as good. This is my alltime favorite album of my life. It's been 3 years since I first owned it, and I have owned 4 copies of it at different times. At first I owned a burned copy of it that my friend Noah gave me (he's the one that first got me into Rufio, then I liked it so well that I decided to buy it. I owned that copy for about 2 years and someone stole it from me. Without hesitation, I took the 30 minute drive to Hastings and back to re-purchase the album. After listening to it everyday for months it became extremely scratched. Two of the songs wouldn't even play and I was deeply saddened. Then one randome day I was back at hastings and I say the deluxe edition sitting on the new releases shelf. I literally pee'd on myself. I grabbed that shit, bought it, and I love it. I definately reccomend the deluxe edition if you are just getting into rufio, but I definately believe that everyone in the world should have the privelage to listen to this album atleast once (although I doubt you'lll be satisfied with only once).

James TH
    I always thought that the intro to My Escape was sounded so much like the Foo Fighters, but then of course it picked up to a Rufio complexity amazing RIP Rufio