2112 review by Rush

• Released: Jan 1, 1976
Rush: 2112

Rush is one of my top 5 bands. Every person in this band is a genius musician. Geddy Lee, the bassist, synthesizerist, and vocalist; Alex Lifeson, guitarist; and Neil Peart, the goddamn best drummer ever. Plus Peart writes the lyrics. Great band. '2112' is a song about the future of mankind, and how were actually devolving. This is one of Rush's first CDs, and personally I think it's their best.

The lyrics. Wow, the lyrics. Neil Peart is the best drummer ever. Not only that, he is one of the top 5 lyricists ever. His lyrics for the song '2112' were inspired by Ayn Rand and her book 'Anthem', a story about the future. 'A Passage To Bangkok' is a song about the Middle East and going to each one. This is probably my favorite song vocally because Lee's voice melds with the music flawlessly. Geddy's voice and Neil's lyrics are the perfect mates to one another.

Rush compares to no one, but is the influence for countless bands. And they are one of the longest running bands, keeping the same members. They've had one member change in their history, and that was from the frist self titled CD to the second CD. John Rutsey was the original drummer, but was only on one CD. I'm glad they got Neil. Rush wouldn't be the same without him. They wouldn't be the same without any of their members, and they know that. This CD rocks, and I'd buy it again countless times to listen to it over and over. One of the greatest recordings ever.