Different Stages review by Rush

• Released: Nov 10, 1998
Rush: Different Stages

The sound quality is very good, especially considering it's a live album. It is two discs from several shows in America, plus a bonus third disc from a show in London at the Hammersmith in 1978. Everything can be heard clearly, and the sound quality on the 1978 disc is also very good.

As with all Rush songs, the lyrics are great. Neil Peart is the main lyricist, and he writes great songs. Some notable ones include "Nobody's Hero," and "Freewill." Geddy Lee also sings great on all of the songs. He sounds a lot more different comparing the 1978 show to the 1998 one.

This album is just as good as every other live album Rush has released. They are an amazing live band, and it shows in this compilation. Some of the more impressive songs are a complete performance of "2112", an amazing twenty plus minute song. If I lost it, I would definitely get another, but then again, I am an insanely huge fan of Rush.

peartdrummer
    "a complete performance of "2112"," I don't think that they played every part of 2112. They left out one part didn't they? I could be wrong.
    Col0Korn
    Nope, this is actually the first time that Rush played 2112 in it's entirety. The closest they've been was during their 2112 tour, but they left out Discovery. But they brought it back in 1996-7 for the T4E tour, which is the tour that this was recorded on