Fly By Night review by Rush

• Released: Feb 15, 1975
Rush: Fly By Night

What's to say it's rush! hte sound is very, well, '70s. This album was done well before they got heavy into the synthisizers and keyboards, it's a lot of raw power trio rock. I like it. A lot of people find geddy's voice to be to different, but I enjoy listening to him sing, especially on their earlier albums as you can tell how his voice changes through the years.

The lyrics go great with the music. I find it ioncredible how geddy lee can sing something so different from the very intricate basslines he plays at the same time. In By-tor and The Snow Dog, the band uses their music to tell part of the story, that I found to be pretty cool.

This is defenitely one of my favourite rush albums, up their with 2112. Rush has a very zeppelin sound, but I prefer listening ot rush then Zeppelin. The song I was most impressed with was By-tor and The Snow Dog. It's fascinating the way the music tells the story. There is some fine print on hte inside of the case, it says "for best results, play this album" just an example of rush's sense of humor. If it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't buy it again because it's all ripped onto my PC anyways but I would go buy another rush album for sure!

fluffylump2
    AMAZING ALBUM! EVERY RUSH ALBUM IS AMAZING! MOST UNDERRATED BAND OF ALL TIME! RUSH! AHHHHH!
    topdawg84
    rush is byfar one of the best bands i have ever listened to. i'll fight ne1 who thinks differntly
    Rush_fan2112
    I have both the cd and record of this and i listlen to them everyday and i love it...i cried the first time i heard fly by night
    scottishmob
    i must say, ****in great album, but i like their self titled album more, for the guitar parts are better and it isn't near as happy. BY-TOR AND THE SNOW DOG AND BEST I CAN ARE FANTASTIC!!! SAME WITH ANTHEM!! Fly by night is ok but the other songs are better, all of them are actually. RIVENDELL IS AMAZINGLY PEACEFUL AND ALSO FANTASTIC!!
    aedmiston
    Dear God i love this record. Rivendell is out of place though, and really doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the ablum though. Best I Can is my personal theme song