Fly By Night review by Rush

• Released: Feb 15, 1975
Rush: Fly By Night

Rush is one of the coolest, bestist, prog rock bands out there! Geddy Lee is the best bassist next to Flee from the Chilli Peppers and Justin from Tool. Alex Lifson is One of the most talented guitar players also, as far as sound. His solos are so insync w/the actual music. (unlike most guitar players who just kind of go out there) And the best drummer in the world! Neil Peart! (No, JB is good but not the best you zeppelin fans). They've gotten better over the years but this album shows their frist work. (w/Neil) It's a good start for any growing Rush fan considering Neil wasn't w/them on their first album. The sound is mostly hard rock, w/ a few soft songs. 01. Anthem - a song that rocks! Also the name of the record company. Not too sure what it meens though? 02. Best I Can - this one was written by Geddy Lee. It's about how awesome it is rocking and being a star. I love the G. solo on this one. 03. Benneath, Between & Behind - this is just a cool song. I think it just tells a mithical story of back in the day. IDK though? 04. By-Tor And The Snow Dog - this is the best song on the album! It is! Fast at the beggining then a bass solo into the coolest G. solo ever! My opinian though. Then it gets all slow and the snare roll leads to another good G. solo. It's about an evil prince fighting a snow dog for control of the over-world. This song was the reason I bought this album! 05. Fly By Night - a good song. It made their Greatist hits! Impossible to play on Bass though! 06. Making Memories - one of my favorates. It's not that popular though. It's just about Travlin' around. I like the acustic Intro. 07. Rivendell - I don't like this song that much. It's too soft for Rush in this time period. Revindell is the Elv's home in Lord of the Rings. It's a good break though. 08. In The End - I just listend to this song only about a month ago, and dang! This song is awesome! A great way to end an album!

People think the lyrics on this album are kind of blagh for rush. But that's because Neil didn't write all of the songs. Yeah, you should know by now their drummer writes most 99% of the lyrics. He is amazing! This is 53.45% of the reasons why I like Rush. Most bands sing about girls, sex, or drugs. Which 90% of the time is gay! Rush sings about si-fi fiction (check out 2112), medieval adventure (check out Caress of Steel), or any thing emotional. Oh yeah, Geddy's voice rocks! I think so anyway. You either love or hate his voice. I think it gose well w/ the style of music though. I'd give the lyrics an 8 because, like I said, Neil wasn't in on lyrics at the time.

Its' one of their best as far as sound, lyrics no. My favorates are Anthem, Best I Can, By-Tor, Making memories and, In the End. Which is like, 80% of the album. Again, I didn't like Rivendell and B, B&B. is just okay. I have lost it but that's okay beacuse it's on my Media Player and my MP3. If it wasn't, I'd buy it again.