Hemispheres review by Rush

• Released: Oct 28, 1978
Rush: Hemispheres

First of all. Rush is my favorite band of all time. The sound so different from a lot of other Bands and that is what got me hooked to them. Anyone that is a first time Rush fan needs to hear this Album, it is a masterpiece. The album is mainly based on Greek Mythology, heard in Cygnus X-1. Other topics include scenarios where its a mass of people fighting against another mass of people, most likely referral to government corruption. Besides that, the music is so captivating and it takes pretty much 1 listen to automatically love it.

Like I mentioned before, the lyrics were based Greek Mythology, and governmental arguments. The music fits so well with the lyrics and sets the mood for the song, like a lot of songs should sound like. Rush does it in a way that is no way possible to match evenly. The singer is also unique from other bands and kind of resembled a Canadian Led Zeppelin at that time period, which I take as a plus to their music. This album is a must for anyone.

This work if art does not compare to the works of other musicians. Every song on the album is crisp. You will be able to listen to the album front to back. Geddy Lee's astounding bass, Alex Lifeson's jaw-dropping guitar playing and Neil Peart's pounding drum lines and odd time signature beats make this album the best. I think the best song on the album is La Villa Stangiato because one can learn a lot from the musical phrases and it is just so catchy and awe-inspiring. If this album were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again. Go on and get it people, this album rocks.

BlisteringDDj
    La Villa Strangiato is my one of my favorite instrumentals of all time! My favorite album by Rush as well. ^__^
    FearOfTheDuck
    BillR87
    I cant stop listening to this at the moment its a ****ing masterpiece!!
    Mike Warfield
    I'm really not a Rush fan, but I got to give credit when credit is due ... they're a great band! I saw them in Nov. '78, and it still stands out as one of the best shows I've ever seen.
    crazysam23_Atax
    FearOfTheDuck wrote: I put them in 'Rockers above 50 who are stuck in 1976' catagory
    Then you don't get Prog Rock at all, sir.
    napalm890
    I don't like the vocals on this album. To me the trees is really cheesy. and I like la villa strangiato the most off the album, but it doesn't touch yyz.
    Root Beer
    Over the years, Rush has taken an overwhelming amount of criticism regarding the nature of their lyrics.
    People don't like Rush's LYRICS? What the hell? The lyrics are better than Geddy's VOICE! (And I'm not hating on his voice, but it's true.) Anyone who doesn't like their lyrics, take a look at The Trees. Then tell me they're pretentious.
    FearOfTheDuck
    FearOfTheDuck wrote: I respect them as musicians and like a selection of songs. But they're overrated, when people bang on about how their the greatest beings to grace this planet, its just like, no. I put them in 'Rockers above 50 who are stuck in 1976' catagory
    For rockers*
    doobiechad
    Very underrated album by an under appreciated band. Hard to pick a favorite(kinda like picking favorite Beatles or Stones album.) The fella who thinks that Rush is stuck in 1976 is clearly not listening. In my opinion an overlooked album is Presto. Anyway they're all good!
    guitarlad89
    MT in Austin wrote: I've heard people call this self-indulgent and pretentious. To that I saw, "Hell, yeah!" It is supposed to be over the top. It's art for crying out loud. Great album. Spent a good amount of my youth listening to Hemispheres, Farewell to Kings, 2112, Caress of Steel and Fly By Night. Classic Rush is the best.
    Fuck yeah..... thats all the Rush you ever need in my opinion.
    starfire666
    The best Rush album... along with about 10 others... unbelievably good, the song Hemispheres is just otherworldly... "let the truth of love be lighted..."
    MT in Austin
    cws92
    Thought I might have been defending Rush on here, but it looks like alot of others get it too!
    K!!LsWiTcH
    i just cant get into them. i agree i think they're definitely overrated. they have a few good songs but thats it the rest just gets boring