Moving Pictures review by Rush

• Released: Jan 4, 1981
Rush: Moving Pictures

As every rocker knows Rush is one of the most influential rock bands of all time. Due to their originality and smoothness in their sound and the fact that they have not changed thier music much in the past 35 years. Neil Peart does an amazing job with every hit of the drum in this album. On many lists he ha been declared as the best drummer of all time, because nobody can drum like he can. The best song on this album would definetly have to be YYZ. It is completely instrumental and wouldn't be better with lyrics. In fact it is probably the best Rush song to date, if you ask most die hard Rush fans.

Geady Lee does an awesome job singing and playing bass at the same time for a Canadian. Just recently I found out that Rush was Canadian, but you can't really notice it bacause Lee's voice sounds all American, eh. On a scale of 1 100 I would have to give Geady's singing skills an 88-95.

Even though this album was released over 25 years ago (1981), it is thier best and probaly can't be beat any time soon, if Rush tried. This album is the very essence of rock n' roll. The only band that Rush is very similar to would have to be Led Zeppelin. I bought this album in 1985. And I can't stop listening to it. Most of the time when I'm driving to work I listen to Rush.

boyinsin
    If this album was a girl I would marry her, and make sweet love to her. =)