Rush In Rio [DVD] review by Rush

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Rush: Rush In Rio [DVD]

The reason I bought this awesome thing was because my friend had it and showed me Tom Sawyer. I thought it was just magical! I'm not gonna spend too much time just talking as I'm gonna go through each song. 01. Tom Sawyer - what a great opener! This song was made to Start any show! I like how his voice differs on different parts. 02. Distant Early Warning - this isn't my favorate song but it's preformed well. I do love the G. solo on this one. 03. New World Man - this is another good "live" song. I like the ending (the song fades out in the studio version so they have to think up an ending). 04. Roll The Bones - Alex's guitar looks really cool here. But I'm not a big fan of this song so I don't watch it that much. 05. Earthshine - this is a nice heavey song. This was one of their newer ones preformed that night. 06. YYZ - I hear this song every were I go, so hearing it here dosen't do anything for me. 07. The Pass - this is such a deep (but good) song! It's one of my favorates, but then again I enjoy every song on Presto! 08. Bravado - another favorate of mine. I think it sounds better live because Alex dose that extra solo at the end! Great Song! 09. The Big Money - Geddy is jumping off walls here! Just watch it! But it seems like this is the only popular song off of Power Windows? It's a good song, just a little over rated. 10. The Trees - this is a good song. It's not something I'd die for though. 11. Freewill - I also enjoy this song. Neil Peart is doing all those cool spinny things with his drum sticks a the beggining. Geddy Lee is amazing with his solo! He speads it up when he plays it live! 12. Closer To The Heart - another song I here too much. I don't even think it's that great of a song? 13. Natural Science - this is my 3rd favorate Rush Song! I love it! They play my favorate part twice! In the studio version they only play that part once! 14. Intermission 15. One Little Victory - I like the dragon! But this song dose get a little annoying. Still Neil can drum! 16. Driven - I like this song! It's also better live because Geddy extends his solo! Good. 17. Ghost Rider - a good kind of "chill" song. I don't know? that's what it's means to me. 18. Secret Touch - there catching up on their new songs from Vapor Trails. I like this song. 19. Dreamline - this is my favorate song off of Roll the Bones. I like the light show. Alex also extends his solo on this one. This song shows, Rush is awesome! 20. Red Sector A - an all synth song! I like this one a lot. I think it would have been cooler if they didn't change the red strobe lights to green. Hence the name "Red" Sector A! 21. Leave That Thing Alone - this song is funny because three guys drest up like "classic" Rush, came on stage and put some cloaths in those dryers on the side of the stage. Good instermental! 22. O Baterista - Neil Peart is a god! 23. Resist - this song is so much better acustic. I think the studio version sucks! It means so much more played acustic and slowed down! It also gives Neil a break from his solo. 24. 2112 - this would be cool if they played the whole song! I don't like it cause they only play the first two parts! It needs to be played whole! 25. Limelight - good, but Geddy's voice keeps craking. That kind of ruined it for me. 26. La Villa Strangiato - Alex is so wierd, but this made me laugh!! Dang! This was funny! But he can't sing (a joke if you've seen it). 27. Spirit Of Radio - a great closer! Really good preformed live! Rush is awesome! Encore: 28. By-Tor And The Snow Dog - bringing back an exilent song! The movie is hilarious! 29. Cygnus X-1 - another great classic! They are all amazing! 30. Working Man - this was the first Rush song I heard. It's great! Best way to end a show (and tour). Alex Lifeson is great.

Content — 10
I just told you about every song so there is not much to say. But, if you get the 2-Disc set, you get a documentary, MX multiangle on three songs, and two movies: The By-Tor movie and a live preformance of Anthem! I awalys enjoy documentarys and stuff like that!

Production Quality — 10
All in all, it was Rush's last preformance on the Vapor Trails Tour, so considering there was no camera test, no sound test, and it was shot in the middle of a tropical storm, it's 100%! I don't know how thy did it, but I've never seen anything better!

Okay, all of it's great! I do wish that they played Mission or The Analog Kid. Those being my top two Rush songs ever. But they did play Natural Science! It is a must have for any Rush fan. I actuly did lose it at one point. But then I found it! If it were stolen and I couldn't get it back I don't think I'd buy it again, but that's just cause I don't feel like spending another 30 bucks on it. But if I knew who did steal it, I would become a seacret agent and track him down and torture him untill he gave it back, the scoundral!

RAGman22ReborN
    this dvd was one of my favs when i was working at Guitar Center (aside form watching the G3 concerts, Incubus Alive at Red Rocks, AC/DC Stiff Upper Lip Live or Iron Maiden: Raising Hell