Snakes & Arrows review by Rush

• Released: May 1, 2007
Rush: Snakes & Arrows

Rush's sound in this album was quite different then the older hits in my opinion. It's still had the same Rush feel but the syles that that they used in this seemed not nearly as rw as what it had been before. Instead this album had a certian flow to it that linked each song. And this album brought backsome of the acoustic powers that had gotten lost amongst Rush's amazing metal power. All in all it wasn't a bad sound, just new and different.

Well, most of the lyrics seemed to focus on rebirth and a larger perspective on life and the way people live so maybe this can give us a hint as to what the band was thinking and doing during the grace period before the album came out. The lyrics were smooth and always complimented/never contradicted the music. There wasn't as much screaming from Lee but he is a bit older now. Maybe we can give him a break, even though he still did an amazing job, as usual. Lyrics were all right, got me thinking a bit.

The overall impression was not what I had hoped for when I purchased the album but I was surprised enough to enjoy it. Even though it kind of brought up the other side of Rush, if you really listen you kind of tell that they haven't lost anything. I think this was just there way of saying "Hey were not gone yet!". Making there last mark in the History of Rock.

slashfan414
    I dont think geddy lee can still hit some of those high notes, but he does have a richer sounding tone. The album overall is great.