Snakes & Arrows review by Rush

• Released: May 1, 2007
Rush: Snakes & Arrows

I'm a hardcore Rush fan. I'm 17, about to turn 18 on April 7 and I've been a Rush fan, well, since I was 8. I always went over to my Aunt Dawn and listened to Rush albums, which got me into Rush. And it states that Rush is my favorite band of all time. Always has been, always will be. On this album, I've heard the album so much I don't know if there's a story to this album. But this album, Rush has kept their sound, it's heavy on the acoustic guitars. There are lots of acoustic guitar passages on this album. But it has some rocking moments. And has 3 instrumentals: "The Main Monkey Business", "Hope" and "Malignant Narcissism", which all 3 were played live during the Snakes & Arrows Tour. The song, "Faithless" was played on the Time Machine Tour, in which they played this song, and "Presto" for the first time and it was also the first time they played their "Moving Pictures" for the first time in its entirety.

The lyrics on this album are just incredible. It has some very good songs on this album. The lyrics are amazing. I love the lyrics to "Armor And Sword", "Workin Them Angels", "The Larger Bowl", "The Way The Wind Blows", "Faithless", "Bravest Face", and "Good News First". This is the chorus to "Faithless", which is my favorite song, and my favorite line on the entire album: "I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in beliefs You can call me Faithless, you can call me Faithless But I still cling to hope and I believe in love and that's faith enough for me and that's faith enough for me."

Rush - "Snakes & Arrows", compares to other albums. I'd say "Snakes & Arrows" would have some songs that'd probably be on "2112", "A Farewell To Kings", "Hemispheres", and "Moving Pictures". This album, was really fun. I enjoyed it. 60 minutes of musicianship. They had very high musicianship on this album. My favorites off this album were: "Far Cry", "Armor & Sword", "Workin Them Angels", "The Larger Bowl", "The Main Monkey Business", "The Way The Wind Blows", "Faithless", "Bravest Face", "Good News First", and "Malignant Narcissism". Likes: I love a lot about this album. Dislikes: there is absolutely none.