Time Machine - Live In Cleveland 2011 review by Rush

• Released: Nov 8, 2011
Rush: Time Machine - Live In Cleveland 2011

Like always, Rush sounds great live.

One difference between this live album and the earlier ones is Geddy's voice. Obviously they are getting old. Geddy can't hit the notes as he did back in the olden days. He still sounds good but its extremely obvious.

The one problem with it is they didn't play some key songs on this album. "Fly By Night", "Farewell To Kings", and "The Trees" were not on the set. Disappointing yes but it didn't affect how much I liked the album. Which is very much. If I were to lose it I would probably buy it again just because I'm a Rush fan. Also, I was luck enough to see them on this tour.

1 Skinnee L
    I know "The Trees" still gets thrown into the rotation every few tours or so; but as far as I know, neither "Fly By Night" or "A Farewell to Kings" have been played live in a long, long time. I can't say for certain with "Fly By Night", but I'm almost positive that "A Farewell to Kings" has not been played since 1979-1980.
    composite220
    To confirm what another user posted, both "Fly by Night" and "A Farewell to Kings" have not been played since before their Hemispheres tour; why would you expect to hear them on this tour? Personally, I was more disappointed by a lack of any material from Vapor Trails whatsoever, brilliant set nonetheless.
    Camron62\m/
    i did not vote 1. at least i didn't mean to. damn it UG why can't i change my vote to 10 where it should be.