The Resignation review by Rx Bandits

• Released: Jul 15, 2003
Rx Bandits: The Resignation

These guys can play music. When I first heard Sell You Beautiful I couldn't stop playing it. They mix hard rock/metal like Newsstand Rock and Sell you Beautiful and then do slower songs like Dinna-Dawg that are still catchy and have those good guitar riffs. They also have some of the wierdest sounds that make you say "WTF? That's awesome!". If these guys ever play a bad song you probably need to clean out your ears.

Matthew Embree has a neat voice. They're not the best vocal skills I've ever heard, but I think his voice fits perfectly in and makes everything work better somehow. The lyrics are good, inventive. I haven't heard any of them/it's been a while since I've heard anything around the same themes. The only problem is sometimes they say them too much. I don't always care if I hear the same words all the time. I think it's part of music. However, on some songs such as Decrescendo and Mastering the List you hear some lines too often.

These guys are simply one of the best bands out there. It is definitly worth buying The Resignation. It comes with a dvd of three of their songs (Sell You Beautiful, Progress, and Who Would've Thought: their best song ever imo), some pictures, and an interview with Matt. Prophetic gets my vote as the best song on this album. If I lost this cd, I wouldn't buy it again 'cause I'd already have about 4 backups just in case. Go get this disc, it'll change the way you view music.

rebelmidget
    someone needs to write a more articulate review of this album. that being said this album is phenomenal, arguably their best. some day Rx Bandits will be far more appreciated for the wonderful music they've created. it amazes me that more people don't listen to them. listen to their discography sequentially and you'll here the true evolution of a band. they've yet to make the same record twice, yet they still stay true to their own unmistakable sound. Matt Embree is a genius (as over-used as that term is in music) buy/steal/borrow this album as well as any of their others you can get your hands on new one out this summer