Survival Of The Sickest review by Saliva

• Released: Aug 17, 2004
Saliva: Survival Of The Sickest

This is most definitely Saliva's best cd to date. I really enjoyed the sound, because this cd has more of what I really like about the band; they still use really great guitar solos, when most hard rock bands nowadays rely on the powerchords with a variation here and there. The drumming was very good, the guitar was fun and hard, and the bass was good too, so I'd give it a 5.

All right, let's admit it, Josey Scott isn't the best songwriter out there, but his excellent voice more then makes up for that in my opinion. It's awesome to hear a real good, tough rock voice screaming and yelling with the heavy-duty rock guitar behind it, especially among bands like the pussy Story of the Year and Linkin Park's whiney, nerdy voice behind it.

Overall, this cd is a must for any Saliva fan, or any really hard-rock fan out there, and I would definitely recommend it. My favorite songs would have to be Rock and Roll Revolution (hardcore testament to the lasting power of rock), Bait and Switch (tribute kinda thing, Josey Scott is a good singer), and Survival of the Sickest (Just a hard-rock, headbangin song with great guitar). Although the two softer songs got old to me, I really enjoyed the cd overall, so I'd give it a four, because its better then alot of the crap out there.