Survival Of The Sickest review by Saliva

• Released: Aug 17, 2004
Saliva: Survival Of The Sickest

With this album, Saliva brings a new kind of music and this is the best way to show that they are very versatile guys! They changed from rap-metal to heavy rock/rock n roll and the result is awesome! The guitar riffs are melodic and every song has a good solo. Even knowing that Saliva is one of the most underrated bands in the american music market, I'd like to say that they are much better than some mainstream bands like Linkin Park or Velvet Revolver.

Josey Scott is a "lost prophet" because he's a genium and there are not many guys who understand that he's a pure poet. His voice will stay in your head for a long time if you hear this album because he can scream, as well as sing powerful ballads like "Open Eyes." In this album, the lyrics are more agressive (specially if you get the non-clear version). There is only one track that I don't like that much: "Two Steps Back." I think that to enjoy the album, you need to listen to "Survival Of The Sickest," "Open Eyes," "No Hard Feelings," "Razor's Edge" (my favourite) and "Carry On." Just give it a try!

In conclusion, this is a must-have for any Saliva fan and for everyone who loves real rock stuff. This is the way they should have always been because they really know how to rock! In comparison with "Back Into Your System" and "Every Six Second," this album is the best! Josey's voice is better than ever, the guitar riffs are more melodic and fast and the solos are also much better. If you see this album, don't hesitate to buy it because if you don't, you'll miss a masterpiece!