Chemical City review by Sam Roberts

• Released: Apr 18, 2006
Sam Roberts: Chemical City

For the Sam Roberts Band second release they changed their sound abit. Almost every song on this album has a different original sound to it. You have your rock sound with the gate, with a bullet, and the resistance. A psychedelic sound to Mind Flood. A calm sound that could rock you to sleep from Bridge to Nowhere, Uprising Down Under. A piano Ballad, A Stone Would Cry out. Chemical City has a little bit of everything, which I found awsome.

The lyrics are just incredible. With songs like Bridge to Nowhere and the Bootleg Saint it just shows how a cool rhythm combined with amazing lyrics works well. "He came down on a storm cloud hard as the Amazon rain" I mean how hardcore is that from Bootleg Saint. The lyrics go perfect with the song and the album title "chemical city". Sams voice is also very unique in this CD. It seems like he sings every song a little different, which worked very well for this CD.

I absolutely loved this cd, Its definetaly worth checking out, even if you've never heard Sams last CD "We Were Born In A Flame". I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes a good everything cd. The only thing I didnt like to much was it left you wanting more. It seems like there should be more songs (10 tracks). The guitar solo's also made you want more, they seemed really short but other then that its an amazing cd. Definetaly one to check out.

durnin_1
    This album is superb. I would recomend it for any music lovers collection.