Road To Bloodshed review by Sanctity

• Released: Apr 9, 2007
Sanctity: Road To Bloodshed

I saw these guys on March 27th with BLS, a month before Road to Bloodshed was released. This is a band where the first song defined them. The agression, the speed, all grea beneficial factors to listening to Sanctity. The first riff of the first song, Beneath the Machine, is very powerful. The drums are amazing. The vocals are like nothing I have heard. They beat Trivium's singing, and that's who, in part, discovered them. The constant stacatto guitar playing sets a great rythym up for every song. It doesn't get old. The bass is prominent, especially in the track Laws of Reason. The drumming is the best I've heard. Jeremy London is now my favorite drummer.

The lyrics imply with the song. Beneath the Machine is about the pain of getting tatoos. It also talks about keeping them for life. Brotherhood of Destruction is about, well, basically destroying things. Road to Bloodshed is about the dark side of the path of life, like the lyrics say "Lost in Shadows, lost in fate, Dim as a road to bloodshed". Then there is Laws of Reason is about overthrowing the system. Billy Seals has a nice violin intro. The song is about the pains of life. It was originally titled Clubbing Baby Seals, because the band thought that they know what pain is like, but Roadrunner didn't like the name so they named it after a friend that they had in North Carolina. Zeppo is about escaping for normalcy. Zeppo is the name of the 4th Marx brother who rarely appeared in the films because he was normal. Beloved Killer is my personal favorite. It is about a person who is about to commit suicide because they have hurt everyone around them. The Shape of Things is about the beast over-ruling the master and becoming dominant. Flatline is an amazing song. The story is about knowing about death, and when it will come, which in this song is today. "Morning sun for the last time, warmth upon my face, chills my blood" there is also the chorus, "I hear you weep beside me, Black shrouded veil won't hide your eyes. I know my life's over Come ride the flatline". The Rift Between is about realizing that certain people can't be together. Seconds is a great song about strength and opposition. Once Again is probably the saddest song on the album, only because it is the last. This song is about reliving death. Jared has a lot of skill when singing. Keep in mind he's play guitar and jumping around while he's doing this.

I saw these guys live, as I mentioned earlier, and when I bought the album I was amazed how spot on these guys are live. Some songs sound exactly the same. I love the fact that they have balls. I hate the fact that there are only 12 songs. At least they are kick ass songs. Every song has a solo, and a good one at that. I've already bought 3 copies, 1 for the car, 1 for the house, and 1 not to be opened.

meh...
    considering the fact that Sanctity have been around way longer than a7X, its a bit far fetched to say that they ripped of a7x's riffs
    Sam ESP LTD
    They really are an awesome band, definitely my favorite. Road To Bloodshed is one amazing album, not a single song I don't love. I hope they can bring out another album that's equally as good if not better!
    HarvesterofPain
    I really hope I'm not the only person that remembers these guys. It's too bad the band fell apart after Jared left. I absolutely loved these guys when they opened for BLS back in 07.
    dizturbed
    Still listening to these guys regularly! I hope they find another singer since Jared left and thrash some more. Amazingly thrashy yet catchy album. Beneath the Machine is good but check out Brotherhood of Destruction, Road to Bloodshed, and The Rift Between and write some tabs!