Saosin review by Saosin

• Released: Sep 26, 2006
Saosin: Saosin

After three years and two EPs, Saosin has put out there first full length CD. This CD combines a few metal-ish riffs here and there with great vocal melodies, solid bass playing, and insane, technical drumming. The sound is great. The guitar parts and solid and technical. They are very catchy. The drumming is appropriatly busy, and the fills are great and so is every single beat.

The lyrics are great. They are good lyrics, with out being over metaphorical. They are easy to understand and relate with. The singing is just awesome. It's so good. Every melody is great. Cove manages to write catchy, interesting vocals over busy fast guitar riffs.

This CD is just redicoulously good. Easily the best CD I own. Every song is solid, and it's easy to listen to the whole CD all the way through. For any one who has doubts that Saosin's new stuff isn't going to be as good because they are signed now and used a big producer, that's not true at all. it's still Saosin, and it still rocks.

UrbanSombrero
    SpedGangster
    UrbanSombrero
    No one who has commented so far seems to have the follwing problem, but I know a lot of people out there do so hear me out. It's important for people to realize that Cove and Green are not enemies. Green supported Cove when he first started and Cove is a friend of Green. I mean, Cove was a Saosin fan before he ever imagined he would become the singer. Green told Cove "These songs are meant to be sung by you." I mean come on, at this point Cove has been part of the band longer than Green ever had been. The bottom line is that a lot of the lineup of the band has been changed since Translating up until now. Original Drummer Pat and Bassist Zach left, replaced by Justin and Alex. So if you can't handle that, you might as well stop being a fan of music. This stuff happens a lot. Another thing is "I Wanna Hear Another Fast Song/Sleepers", "Bury Your Head" and "New Angel/I Never Wanted To" ARE Cove's and Chris's songs. Chris and Beau have always had an integral role in lyric writing process and they collaborate with Cove. Green didn't have anything to do with these songs as he was out of the band by then. From a true fan of both old and new Saosin, Cove has proved himself beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    br4vw
    SpedGangster wrote: This was a huge disapointment. They ruined 2 amazing songs they put on their album, Bury Your Head and Sleepers. Originally Green was much, much better than Cove, but Cove did more or less make Saosin his "own" they should just compleatly drop the songs that Green wrote and they're still playing, they suck now. I wouldn't say download this CD, but more of Download it or wait till it's Cheap!
    Its still awesome to see those songs that Green made with the band performed live - and im glad that they have cared about their fans enough to continue performing/recording them rather then just dropping them out. That could cause more of an upset. The musicians wrote some awesome stuff why not play it.
    br4vw
    I must say I am very pleased with the new album. I have been listening to Saosin for quite a while now and it?s good to see they finally have a solid release that they can build upon. Cove fits the vocalist role perfectly in my opinion. At the start it seemed Cove was simply attempting to emulate Greens unique style but now it seems Cove has loosened up and has managed develop his own unique style. Listening to tracks like voices, come close bury your head and sleepers exemplify just how well Cove?s vocals compliment the band. Musically the album is very solid clever guitar harmonizing accompanied by well placed drum beats teamed with coves vocals add a lot of depth to the tracks and ensure that Saosin remains a stand out band from the very saturated modern-rock-emo-post-core -indy whatever field that they are seen to belong to.
    IlIk2plygUItAr
    UrbanSombrero wrote: Fans of Saosin should be used to Cove's voice by now. While I respect Anthony Green immensely, I think Cove fits very well with this band. When you listen to Circa Survive, it sounds as if Green has found his place. His voice works well with that style. Cove on the other hand complements Saosin's powerful guitar work and prodigious drums in a very appealing manner. Plus he has a distinctive vocal quality, though arguably not as distinctive as Green's. Nevertheless, the band's material sounds solid and more cohesive now. Don't get me wrong; I'm a huge fan of Saosin's material while Green was belting out the vocals (especially on "I Can Tell", Green's version is much better than Cove's). However, I believe that fans who have kept up with Saosin over the past couple of years and heard the EP of last year will be as comfortable (and as pleased) as I am with Cove at the helm.
    Wow that is exactly my thoughts. Green has found a good spot with Circa, and I think Saosin is better off with Cove.
    eblood21
    You stole appropriately busy from the DVD that came with the CD but it is the correct way to put it. I agree with you for the most part. One of the few records of its genre that you can listen to all the way through without saying, "This is the only one i dont like." Any song on this record could be my favorite at different times. Also I like that this disc doesnt have any waste-tracks. i.e. salmarnir off of the new underoath, or blue note off old underoath, negative space off of the new senses fail. Instrumental tracks ironically are not saosin's style considering how talented they all are instrumentally. Overall, it is a great album, I listened to it for about a week and a half straight before changing the playlist on my iPod. Respect to Anthony Green, but I like Cove just as much, if not better.
    )Eric(Draven
    I agree whole heartedly with this guy. I love both vocalist and they both have their strengths within this band. Although I was a little disappointed when I found out that Sleepers was more or less I Wanna Hear...
    bertskarzi196
    yeah its a pretty decent album, there are only 2 or 3 reeeally strong songs that people will remember; Come Close, It's So Simple and You're Not Alone. Also, i can't say i'm a real fan of the whole bands performance on bury your head, its like the drummer can't keep up with the original Slayer backup drummer (his name has slipped my mind) and the guitars seemed really dumbed down throughout the whole album, but damnit i still like the album :p
    Kronan
    They re-release "bury Your Head", but not "Seven Years" or "Lost Symphonies"? And the drumming seems to have slowed down a bit. But those are the only negative things about this album. I love it. It's about time for a full album from them.
    eblood21
    SpedGangster : This was a huge disapointment. They ruined 2 amazing songs they put on their album, Bury Your Head and Sleepers. Originally Green was much, much better than Cove, but Cove did more or less make Saosin his "own" they should just compleatly drop the songs that Green wrote and they're still playing, they suck now. I wouldn't say download this CD, but more of Download it or wait till it's Cheap! Bury your head is coves song ...check out saosins discography page buddy. dont diss somethin if you dont know the facts. http://www.saosin.forumsunlimited.com/in...