Saosin review by Saosin

• Released: Sep 26, 2006
Saosin: Saosin

Saosin's self-titled album with new lead singer, Cove Reber, is definately unique. I don't mean that in a bad way either. Although some of the tracks vocally sound pretty similar it is a good overall album. Espicially after losing a lead singer. In tracks like Voices, You're Not Alone, Bury Your Head, and Collapse you see some light shining in for a great band. Not to say the other tracks are bad, they just don't stand out. In fact there are no bad tracks in this album that I could see. There is extreme potential for this new Saosin line-up and should have many great records here in the years to come.

Saosin's lyrics are different from other bands. There isn't a lot of rhyming in the songs but they make it seem like there is, the phrases just blend in nicely. The lyrics fit the music very well for me and were enjoyable. They aren't trying to be something that they aren't, like so many bands try to do with their lyrics. Cove Reber has a lot of potential, but doesn't use quite all of it in this album for all of the tracks. He has a good range and can go pretty high for a rock band. Overall it was good, but there is potential for it to be great.

You can't really compare Saosin to other bands because there is nothing really like them. They have their own sound, and that is good for a band I believe. The most impressive songs on this album were Voices, You're Not Alone, Bury Your Head, Collape, It's Far Better To Learn. I love not only the voice but the rest of the band. To lose a lead singer in the earlier stages and then to come back, that must me tough for them to do. But you see the 'want' there, they want to be making music. And I applaud them for that. Overall this is a great album in which I ended up listening to about three times through the day I got it. I can't wait for more from Saosin.