Translating The Name review by Saosin

• Released: Jan 20, 2004
Saosin: Translating The Name

This EP is flat out amazing, especially considering they recorded it before ever playing a show. This album is "emo/screamo," but it's far from generic. At least one of the guitarists used to be in a metal band, and you can hear the influence, although it's not straight up metal.

Most people like the singer on this EP (Anthony Green) better than their current singer (Cove), but I don't. The vocals on this EP aren't that great. The singing is, for the most part, good, but the screaming is screechy and sometimes the singing is too. Other than that, the singing is very catchy and strong. The lyrics aren't generic emo either, and they are good and fit the music well.

This EP blows all others out of the water. All of the songs are equally impressive. All are very strong songs and will appeal to many people. I love almost everything about it, from the (sort of) heavy riffage to the super emo stuff. But, even though I like screaming in general, the screaming on this EP and the occasionally screetchy vocals keep it from being completely perfect. But that shouldn't keep you from buying this EP; it's simply amazing.

SweetVampirous
    i don't know which singer i like better...they both have ups and downs...but vocals on seven years...my god dude hes insane
    Solipsism
    No one wuill ever top Anthony, not for this band anyway. He suited the style perfectly, it all worked so well.. arrgghhh! Try 'Mookie's last christmas' and 'I can tell' for more anthony saosin.