Translating The Name review by Saosin

• Released: Jan 20, 2004
Saosin: Translating The Name

The bands sound is something new and impressive the singer has a high voice, the guitars have a hint of metal in them and the drummer is very technical. The singer reminds me of the guy from Coheed and Cambria and the the music is very original. The drummer is probably the best musician in the band but sadly he's not in it anymore because they only hired him for this album, they now have a new drummer Alex Rodriguez he's also pretty good.

The lyrics are very complex although I wish it came with a lyric book because it's kinda hard to understand him sometimes and most of the lyrics that are posted online are wrong and from what I've heard of there about the singer (Anthony Green) losing faith in god, religion or whatever. His vocal range is very high and I am pretty sure he's using his head voice and not falsetto.

It does not compare to anything because you just can't compare it to any other band. The most impressive songs on the album are all of them but my personal favorite is They perch on their stilts, pointing and daring me to break custom. I love everything about it. If it was stolen I would buy it again just because it's worth it and if it was lost I would look for it then give up and buy it again.

RewindByChance
    Saosin is definitely not emo. I don't know why everyone gets that impression. This band is amazing and this EP is the whole reason I got into them. Every member of this band is a great musician. I love Anthony Green, I have pretty much everything he has came out with from Audience of One to Avalon, but Cove is great too. Anthony just didn't fit in with the band and they weren't going in the direction he wanted to, so he left. Nothing can be changed now.