I.N.R.I. review by Sarcófago

Sarcófago: I.N.R.I.

What one must keep in mind is that Sarcofago come from a very conservative background, and yet the level of perversion in this album could easily surprise even the most hardened listener. It's very fast averaging well over 200 bpm, there are a couple of slow sections an breaks, but the better part of INRI is fast, there are a few melodic hooks here and there the rest is dissonant and heavy. The drumming is brutal, blast beats at 240 bpm, very precise double bass pedal sections, the guitars are ok, nothing ultra technical, the bass is relatively inactive and follows the guitars all the way for the entire album.

If you like raw lyrics, good, because INRI contains some of the rawest lyrics I ever herd, just take a look to "Desecration of Virgin", the themes mostly go towards sex, sin, Satan, violence. Wagner "Antichrist" Lamounier does a good job on the vocals, they too are raw as hell. The vocals add a lot to the overall feel of the album, better written lyrics will come on later album but those are not as raw as these.

Every Sarcofago album is unique, and each show a prominent change in stile and genre, so the the only thing that INRI compares to is Slayer's Reign In Blood. Keeping in mind time and geography the production is ok but far from polished, the bass is deaf for most of the time and the album could have gone without the groaning effect on the vocals.