Fragile review by Saron Gas

Saron Gas: Fragile

**Saron Gas IS in fact Seether, but this is a record they released while still in South Africa, under the name Saron Gas. Then they came to the U.S., got a deal with Wind-Up, changed their name, and released Disclaimer. Many tracks are the same, only re-recorded.** The recording quality of Saron Gas' Fragile is not up to par with what US rock fans are used to. The music sounds fairly raw, and home-recorded, but is good nonetheless. This stands out the most in the drum parts, you can clearly tell that they are of poor recording quality. If i were to critique the music itself (which is what my rating is based off of) then i would be on quite the other end of the spectrum. The parts are all very complex, and in good harmony.

The lyrics on this album are incredible, with the exception of the opening track "Beer" which include "I wish you were a beer, then I could drink you up. I wish you were not here, with my cum in your mouth". But other than that the lyrics are very deep and I can relate to many of them on different levels. Fragile has the following tracks that appear on Disclaimer: -69 Tea -Pride -Fine Again -Driven Under -Your Bore -Pig though some of these tracks have slightly different lyrics and music. For instance, the chorus of "Driven Under" is completely different. And as expected, Sean Weldgemoed's vocal skills are great as well.

This album requires a lot of tolerance and open-mindedness to be appreciated. I had to listen through it a few times before i really liked it. It's only available through a special order out of South Africa which was a pain in the ass, but was well worth the 3 week delivery wait. This CD is a must have for any big Seether fans.

stanguy98
    I couldn't have put it better myself. Your review is spot on for Saron Gas's "Fragile". One can really appreciate Saron Gas/Seether's music so much more if you know their history. As you might have guessed, there are very few rock bands that come out of that region (South Africa) and for them to be able to overcome that tremendous boundry is amazing. Their Lyrics are very deep and powerful and very easy to relate to if you have ever felt that you are an underdog or feel like you don't fit in. Good Review and If you are ever up for discussions on the band, feel free to email me (neffdog18@yahoo.com) because I am a die hard fan!
    Spiritweaver
    Stanguy, I couldn't have said it better myself, everything about Seether is amazing as far as I'm concerned, they are far and away my favorite band and it's just great music that you can listen to whenever you're feeling a little down, it always makes me feel better!!