In Reverie review by Saves the Day

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Saves the Day: In Reverie

To begin with, this CD is completely different from all of the Saves The Day CDs, but is it bad? Not at all. This CD is truly unique as it has an awesome jazzy-like vibe. In terms of sound quality, this is their best record. The instruments sound great and Chris's voice sound very different in this CD than his previous work (but it changes just a bit in "Sound The Alarm"). This is a band that rarely uses power chords. They weave their instruments very, very good in this record. You can hear every single overtone in this CD, and the style itself is amazing. Songs like "In My Waking Life", "She", "Wednesday The Third" show their unique chord progressions. They are truly unique in terms of style in this CD.

Lets start with Chris's voice. It's really good, and obviously his vocals changed from the last CD, but he's had some voice complications, but that doesn't mean he's gotten bad at singing. However, this CD takes a hard stab in the ribs due to the lyrics. The lyrics in this CD aren't what STD fans are expecting, as they are somewhat unoriginal. However, the lyrics are still very, very good, but they just don't get up to the STD standards.

I, personally, like the vibe of this CD and the progressions used. I like how Chris's voice actually changed and it doesn't hurt their music. The most impressive songs in this album are "In My Waking Life", "Morning In The Moonlight", "She", "Where Are You", "Wednesday The Third" and "Tomorrow Too Late." All the songs are amazing in terms of instruments. This band proves that you don't need power chords and guitar solos to be an impressive band. If this were lost and/or stolen, I would definately buy it again.