In Reverie Review

Saves the Day: In Reverie
Release Date: Sep 16, 2003
Label: DreamWorks
Genres: Pop Underground, Punk-Pop
Saves the Day's fourth album, In Reverie, is the band's poppiest and most upbeat and musical record yet.
 Lyrics: 7.5
 8.8
 9.1
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
In Reverie Reviewed by: TheGimpMaster01, on october 15, 2005

Sound: The sound is undeniable. Saves The Day has a very interesting sound. They mix some unique chords with uncommon time signatures. I love it. The words are great. But I guess that's for lyrics. The guitars are very well done and this band can actually rely on something different than power chords (some, like Blink 182, can't live w/o power chords). // 8

Lyrics: The words are very very good. I don't listen much to the words, as I just got In Reverie a few days ago. But of the words I've listened to, they are very good. Especially in the album-titled song called In Reverie (obviously it's album-titled). // 7

Overall Impression: I would definitly buy more Saves The Day CDs as I am very happy with In Reverie so far. There are some songs that aren't my style, but the majority on the disk are interesting and fun to listen to. I'm not sick of anything on that CD! I don't think I'll really be tired of it for quite a while. // 10

In Reverie Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 17, 2006

Sound: To begin with, this CD is completely different from all of the Saves The Day CDs, but is it bad? Not at all. This CD is truly unique as it has an awesome jazzy-like vibe. In terms of sound quality, this is their best record. The instruments sound great and Chris's voice sound very different in this CD than his previous work (but it changes just a bit in "Sound The Alarm"). This is a band that rarely uses power chords. They weave their instruments very, very good in this record. You can hear every single overtone in this CD, and the style itself is amazing. Songs like "In My Waking Life", "She", "Wednesday The Third" show their unique chord progressions. They are truly unique in terms of style in this CD. // 10

Lyrics: Lets start with Chris's voice. It's really good, and obviously his vocals changed from the last CD, but he's had some voice complications, but that doesn't mean he's gotten bad at singing. However, this CD takes a hard stab in the ribs due to the lyrics. The lyrics in this CD aren't what STD fans are expecting, as they are somewhat unoriginal. However, the lyrics are still very, very good, but they just don't get up to the STD standards. // 8

Overall Impression: I, personally, like the vibe of this CD and the progressions used. I like how Chris's voice actually changed and it doesn't hurt their music. The most impressive songs in this album are "In My Waking Life", "Morning In The Moonlight", "She", "Where Are You", "Wednesday The Third" and "Tomorrow Too Late." All the songs are amazing in terms of instruments. This band proves that you don't need power chords and guitar solos to be an impressive band. If this were lost and/or stolen, I would definately buy it again. // 10

Comments