Stay What You Are review by Saves the Day

• Released: Jul 10, 2001
Saves the Day: Stay What You Are

I got this album off a friend after I heard a few of their other songs (Holly Hox, Sell My Old Clothes, etc). My first impression before getting this CD was that Saves the Day is amazing. After getting this CD, I know they are mind blowing. The sweet, simple riffs to the excellent basslines makes this perfect CD. Excellent sound, excellent music. Great variety of songs, I might add.

The lyrics are as amazing as the sound. Very deep, thoughtful lyrics. Even better, the voice that you hear these lyrics from is great. Definitly not your average vocalist. Able to make 'Nightingale' work at the same time as 'At Your Funeral'. If you're looking for great lyrics that go perfectly with the music, Saves the Day is definitly something you have to check out. The vocals don't let you down one bit either.

Saves the Day has definitly made themselves my favorite artist. This is one album you have to at least give a try. It is included as one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish without getting sick of a single song. Very diverse music as well. I loved 'Nightingale', 'Firefly', and 'This Is Not An Exit'. Those are my standing favorites. Very impressive songs. But another great thing about this album is that you can say every track is your favorite. None of them disappoint at all. I honestly can't say that I dislike anything about this album. It may seem over the top, but there is honestly nothing I can hate about it. If it was stolen or lost, I would buy about 5 more copies. It is honestly one of my favorite albums, and definitly would need to be replaced. No matter what music your into, I recommend you at least give this album a try.

Give_em Hell
    Chris Conley is a musical retard and lyrically suckss! **** saves the day, they can suck a big fat dick so can that mother****er chrs conley