Under The Boards review by Saves the Day

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
Saves the Day: Under The Boards

So I to review this cd, because the last review did not do this album justice. So here it is. Saves The Day greatly mature with each album they put out. This album is no exception. This is the 2nd CD of a trilogy, of a story that I can't quite figure out, but that's Saves The Day for you. It opens up with a slow begining in the song Under The Boards. This song really captures the mood of the whole CD, which is a kind of dark, lonely emotion to it. They evolved from more of a pop-punk to a more indie-pop, and I kind of get a similar vibe to this CD as I do to The Shins, which is stange to me.

Chris Conoley has and always has had the most unique voice in modern music. This CD is no exception, he sings with really high vocals which if your a fan of pop-punk, indie, emo music, you will love. That is if you don't already love it already. In the other review, they critiqued the lyrics based on the first line of the first song, and the whole CD is NOT like that. Saves The Day has very unique lyrics with a lot of metaphores and lines that don't make sense right as you listen to them, but grow on you over time. Songs that stick out lyrically are Radio, Lonely Nights, Stay, Can't Stay The Same, Getaway, and Kaleidoscope.

This is definetly a Saves The Day cd. They are one of my favorite bands because they are like no other, and this CD is like no other. They do their own thing and they do it better then everyone else. There is nothing about this CD I dislike one bit. My favorite song hands down is Stay. I love the melody and the way the guitar is played. Get F--ked Up is also a very good pop-punk song that is kind of bluesy. If you are a Saves The Day fan, or a pop-punk fan (because Saves The Day is the most influental band in pop-punk and emo music today) I highly recommend picking up this CD and all the other Saves The Day CDs. You will not be disappointed.

herojuana1
    2nd reviewer is very correct. I wrote my original review very early on into owning the album and hadn't given it much of a track though I stand by my observation of whiny lyrics as it was based upon the entire album not just the opening track. Not bad lyrics whatsoever, just whiny, but then again wasn't that always the case with STD? Part of their charm? Yessir. Kudos to the screamokid on a much better and in depth review but I stand by mine as well.