...Is A Real Boy review by Say Anything

• Released: Aug 3, 2004
Say Anything: ...Is A Real Boy

This album is simply amazing. I'd have to guess that Say Anything is a band that doesn't care about the money or the fame. They care about the music. And it shows in their songs. They are so meaningful and powerful. They really make you think. The album and sound of the music would have to make this band one of my favorites.

Max Bemis is an extremely talented man and you can tell the lyrics mean something. They arn't simply "Boy meets girl, falls in love..." "Alive With The Glory Of Love" is a well thought out, touching love song about World War Two. You can tell because he talks about "They'll search the buildings, collect gold fillings, wallets and rings..." which they done in the war. Also "Should they catch us and dispatch us to those separate work camps..." which speaks for it self. Admit it is a truley amazing song. I'd have to say one of the best off the album. It talks about the diffrent social cliques of this generation. For example, "Scene Kids", "emos" etc. They don't care about how people will react to it they just want to make their point.

Musicly and lyricly this is one of the best albums you can buy. The songs have meaning and are just simply amazing songs to listen too. "A Walk Through Hell" Is a very good song. The chorus doesn't come after the first verse so when it comes there's such an impact. It's great. If my album was lost or stolen I'd get another one without a doubt.

amber.valour
    jammyninja
    Excellent album, the only song I'm not so keen on is Slowly Through A Vector. Gotta disagree about it being mainstream. It has a pop sensibility, but that's about it. If all mainstream stuff was this good, that'd be a great world we'd live in.
    notoriousF A T
    amber.valour wrote: this record kinda dissapointed me. Max and Say Anything had tons of promise as underground emo musicians. they abandoned their jimmy eat world/ saves the day roots, and i am not pleased with the sound of this record, they sold out for mainstream appeal
    i know no one looks here anymore and this is over a year old and in defense of the genre is out now but gimme a break. how the **** is this mainstream? and have you heard the sutff before? its good but just doesn't compare to this!