...Is A Real Boy review by Say Anything

• Released: Aug 3, 2004
Say Anything: ...Is A Real Boy

Say Anything's debut album is a true sign that punk rock lives on. Originally meant to be a rock opera, "...is A Real Boy" evolved into a true masterpiece. Its that somewhat angry punk rock that will set it apart from other rock bands out there today. You'll like it (if you like punk-ish rock).

Max Bemis is truely a poet. The song "The Futile" is my personal favorite song on the album due to the strangely true and brilliant lyrics. The first word got me caught on the song: Sh-t!. It was just perfect without an intro or a guitar to back the "Sh-t!" up.

"...is A Real Boy" is one of my personal favorite albums due to that gritty punk rock sound the album has. When I first bought it my older brother said to me "Why would you buy this album, it only has 2 good songs on it" (he was referring to "Alive With The Glory Of Love" and "Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too") I later sent him a text saying "Idk what you were talking about, this albums amazing". It truly is one of my favorite albums. The Best songs are: "Woe", "The Writhing South", "Alive With The Glory Of Love", "The Futile", "Spidersong", "Every Man Has His Molly" and "Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too".