Say Anything review by Say Anything

• Released: Nov 3, 2009
Say Anything: Say Anything

Say Anything has always been that punk - alternative band since its creation of lead singer's Max Bemix time in high school. The new self-titled album is a great effort and in my opinion a huge step forward from the previous albums. This album just sounds like its not all about Max like the other ones are. The sound of the songs are more poppy this time around, and almost use alot less guitar. If you're a fan from the ...Is A Real Boy album and expect songs like "Belt", you will be dissapointed. However none of the songs sound the same, each other is very different from the last and a lot of them are very memorable.

The lyrics this time around as I mentioned before, are not all about Max Bemis this time. In the song "Less Cute" it is told through the eyes of a girl. As for memorable lyrics, there are a few songs that stick you. The song "Do Better" has a good chorus lyric that will be good to spice up your day. But songs like the first single "Hate Everyone" is simply, I hate everyone. Other than a few unthoughtout lines that are very cheesy, the songs do carry good lyrics and great metaphores that Max Bemis is known for.

Comparing this to their previous albums, this is deffinetly the most technical album they have. It might not be the longest but it is very well done. They have grown has musicians and tired many new things. The songs that stick out to me the most are "Hate Everyone", "Do Better", "Mara and Me", and "Crush'd". I love this album overall, and I have been a Say Anything fan since the Baseball days. If I did lost this album I would deffinetly buy it again.

chrisdazzo
    The wit is still there. I was hoping for something like "Admit It!" this time, but nonetheless, Crush'd, Do Better, Hate Everyone, and Ahhh... Men were fantastic songs.