Carving Desert Canyons review by Scale the Summit

• Released: Feb 17, 2009
Scale the Summit: Carving Desert Canyons

I never heard this band before this album, but as a big fan of progressive music, I was highly impressed. I know a lot of people (of the few that know this band) compare them to a vocal-less BTBAM, however, I think this band stand up in their own right. The music is impressive, every member included, and they create some beautiful harmonies, and some very loud punchy riffs. The songs flow into one another, and I imagine some people would criticise the same-naturedness of each each song, but you can't have too much of a good thing right?

As the band is instrumental, I think the instrumentalists deserve a look in! The mix of a seven string and 8 string guitar works wonders, and add in some astounding bass, and some sometimes complex, sometimes mellow, always awesome drumming, you get a very good collection of songs. I love the album name, its different, and the song titles, encompassing nature in its entirety. This band could be very pretentious about the guitar wankery etc, but I think they have the right attitude to the music. Very impressive.

There are some very catchy parts in every single song, and this is impressive for an instrumental band. It keeps you listening, and it provides the listener with a wide variety of emotions, I think they should always be instrumental, they have mastered it very well. Future albums will only get better, keep it up guys!

travislausch
    guitarsocks wrote: Beyond_Insanity: When people upload Guitar Pro files note for note out copied out of their tab book under that persons name, thats copy right infringement. Its not something to get pissed about it. The band should be pissed, it takes a long time to tab all that stuff out to have the credit go to someone else, along with all the money that is stolen from them. If you want to learn the songs, get the real deal, the tab book. Its worth the $20 bucks.
    This. It's even spiral-bound so it stays open unlike other tab books. Great learning resource too. Also this album is the shit. Kind of like a less sporadic An Endless Sporadic.