Scary Kids Scaring Kids review by Scary Kids Scaring Kids

• Released: Aug 28, 2007
Scary Kids Scaring Kids: Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Scary Kids has brought another great album to the table. Their new album has a lot of the same sound as "The City Sleeps In Flames (2005)." They have their faster tracks, with machine gun drums, lightning guitar solos/riffs, catchy post-'80s keyboard riffs, and who could forget Tyson's vocals and screams? "Faces" was put on their myspace profile around July 4th, 2007, so the fans could get a taste of what they've got for the year. "Snake Devil" was put up the day the album came out (Aug 28). "Faces" has a lot of the palm-muted, overdrive guitar sound to it, while "Snake Devil" has almost a sort of Motley Crue distorted sound to the intro. Great sound to the album, I highly recommend putting down $18 on the Hot Topic check out counter to get a great album. The 2 years it took for the album, was definately worth the wait.

The lyrics almost have a sarcastic sense to them. The chorus' (as well as the verses) are just jammed full of catchy lyrics. "Let's tear away these faces, we hide behind. Cutting through the airwaves, open up our minds. Show ourselves to the world tonight, cause we are No longer in disguise!" Is the chorus to "Faces". It has I little of Pouyan's keyboard in the background, mixed with Tyson's ingenious lyrics, it's overall terrific. But it's not just Faces that has great lyrics. The whole album is, like I said before, jammed full of catchy numbers.

This album greatly compares to their 2005 record "The City Sleeps In Flames". I think a little too much. Again, the slower, depressing songs, and the faster paced songs have made another appearence on this record. But it's great, because I think we've all gotten a little tired of listening to "The World As We Know It" and "What's Said Is Done". It's yet another album from SKSK that gets lyrics stuck in your head. "Faces" is byfar the best song on the album. Catchy lyrics, a background post-'80s keyboard on the chorus; it's great. If I got this album stolen or lost, I'd definately go buy it again. No matter what the cost.

chevelletmb
    i love their new album but the review is off totally.faces i think is one of the worst songs on their self titled album. its cliche lyrics and its just not that good, the songs u SHOULD listen to are degenerates, holding on, free again, and watch me bleed for a really sad sounding piano driven song.
    BulletMaximus
    Watch Me Bleed and Derailed are a nice mix of gentle music aswell as the fast paced songs such as blood runs forever and snake devil. All in all.top notch :]
    The Spoon
    Love this album, i wonder why nobody knows about this band on here 2 of the guys went to my school
    Side Effect
    Great album. I really prefer this over The City Sleeps in Flames. I also must disagree with the reviewer saying that "Faces" is the best song on the album. It's definitely a more radio friendly track, but the best is pushing it. The guitarist ain't half bad.