The Funeral Sciences review by Schoolyard Heroes

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
Schoolyard Heroes: The Funeral Sciences

The sound for this album is incredible. It's new & unique, I've never heard anything quite like it before. The guitar is crunchy, high pitched, & heavy. The bass is chunky and wonderful, the drums are heavy in bass and keep a wonderful rythm. And the vocals are the shining point of the record. Ryann & Jonah screaming vocals make a perfect blend to the music.

The lyrics, also amazing. Ryann tells a story for almost every song, & while the lyrics aren't complicated or super rocky they fit very well with the music. The lyrics also fit perfectly into Ryann's & Jonah's vocal skills.

This is Schoolyard Heroes first album, & it is an amazing one. Best songs on the album are:The Mechanical Man Vs. The Robot From The Outer Limits, Dawn of the Dead, & Blood-Spattered Sundress. While there are many other very good songs, these stand out on the album. I love everything about this album the lyrics, the guitar, drums, bass, everything. If this album was stolen I'd go buy a new one, then find & beat the hell out of whoever stole it. Go Buy This Album, Schoolyard Heroes Are An Amazing Underground Rock Band!!! Trust Me!!!