Night Work review by Scissor Sisters

• Released: Jun 28, 2010
Scissor Sisters: Night Work

They still sound relatively the same I can quite safely say, typical catchy sound all together, they do sound different than on "Tah-Dah", but in a good way, because band needs space to develop.If anything they've taken a slightly more electronic approach to some songs on the album, with pretty good results I can say. The songs that have probably taken a more electronic approach include: Any Which Way, Invisible Light and Something Like This.

Overall impression of the lyrics are typicla Scissor Sisters again, catchy, they make sense and flow well with the music. Jake and Ana are quite varied singers as they have always been, either quite high or quite low tone, this particularly shows when you compare Fire With Fire and Invisible Light. So the singings top notch really!

It's not as rocky as the first album or as weird as the second album, but again that is just typical Scissor Sisters, they're always weird and experimental, so in their own right this is another impressive album, possibly more mainstream but by no means a bad thing! I just love the variety of every song Scissor Sisters do it's great! Stand out tracks for me are: Night Work, Fire With Fire, Any Which Way, Skin Tight and Invisible Light. If it were stolen I'd hunt whoever it was down haha. If your're a Sisters' fan then defo buy this I would say, although some people may not like it, I think it's very good.

Bozjoarmstrong
    belavista man
    Bozjoarmstrong wrote: squewer802 wrote: Why is this being reviewed here. Last I checked this is ultimate-guitar, not ultimate-keyboard. also thats a ridiculous album cover Scissor Sisters actually do have a pretty decent guitarist, I forget his name. Don't be so close minded.
    +1, and I agree about the album cover. I've got their first album, I don't think it's half bad. Seeing something like that in my CD collection, or everytime I turn my MP3 on, it would just be horrible. For the record "Ultimate-Guitar" posts reviews on ANY band/artist. Maybe not going as far as Notorious BIG or Beyonce, or whatever. But artists with conventional instruments; and like it or not, the keyboard IS a conventional instrument.
    Vinushka
    As much as I've found myself singing along to every Scissor Sisters song ever, I cannot bring myself to buy an album with a cover like that.
    Axeman96
    who is going to buy an album with that on the cover, what a disaster..
    gl.tch
    Axeman96 wrote: who is going to buy an album with that on the cover, what a disaster..
    Females and homosexuals. I suspect this is their primary audience anyway.
    Bozjoarmstrong
    I've liked a few Scissor Sisters songs in the past, but I for one found it really lazy (or possibly just a poor decision) to come back after 4 years(?) with a song that goes 'Fire fire fire fire desire desire desire desire'
    squewer802