Night Work Review

artist: Scissor Sisters date: 06/30/2010 category: compact discs
Scissor Sisters: Night Work
Released: Jun 28, 2010
Genre: Glam rock, Alternative, Electronica
Label: Polydor Records (UK)/ Universal Records (US)
It's not as rocky as the first album or as weird as the second album, but again that is just typical Scissor Sisters.
 6.4
 8.3
 4.5
review (1) 11 comments vote for this album:
Night Work Reviewed by: Smokinjoerules1, on june 30, 2010

Sound: They still sound relatively the same I can quite safely say, typical catchy sound all together, they do sound different than on "Tah-Dah", but in a good way, because band needs space to develop.If anything they've taken a slightly more electronic approach to some songs on the album, with pretty good results I can say. The songs that have probably taken a more electronic approach include: Any Which Way, Invisible Light and Something Like This. // 8

Lyrics: Overall impression of the lyrics are typicla Scissor Sisters again, catchy, they make sense and flow well with the music. Jake and Ana are quite varied singers as they have always been, either quite high or quite low tone, this particularly shows when you compare Fire With Fire and Invisible Light. So the singings top notch really! // 9

Overall Impression: It's not as rocky as the first album or as weird as the second album, but again that is just typical Scissor Sisters, they're always weird and experimental, so in their own right this is another impressive album, possibly more mainstream but by no means a bad thing! I just love the variety of every song Scissor Sisters do it's great! Stand out tracks for me are: Night Work, Fire With Fire, Any Which Way, Skin Tight and Invisible Light. If it were stolen I'd hunt whoever it was down haha. If your're a Sisters' fan then defo buy this I would say, although some people may not like it, I think it's very good. // 8

Comments