Humanity - Hour 1 review by Scorpions

• Released: May 15, 2007
Scorpions: Humanity - Hour 1

I would have to say that personally for me this album is amazing. The sound is so crisp and tight throughout the whole album. It is really amazing how Klaus Meine and the crew are well into their 40's and still make a great rockin' album. This album sounds pretty different from anything the Scorpions have put out recently. This is a concept album with many messages found in each song. Talking about humanity and the world. Songs of love and then you get a song like "321" where it just gives you a reason to pump your fist in the air! The sound of Humanity Hour 1 is produced very well, sounds clear, and precise. The album rocks throughout but includes a few ballads here and there like "The Future Never Dies" and "Love Will Keep Us Alive". The others are either really rock-type songs or a combo between soft and rock. My favorite songs on this album would have to be all of them but the ones that stick out the most to me are "We Were Born to Fly" "Humanity" "321" (awesome song) and "We Will Rise Again".

The lyrics on the album are very well done. The lyrics flow with the music throughout the album. The lyrics are very emotional and serious. Klaus Meine voice has got to be what stands out the most from this CD. What I found so great about it is that he never tries to strain his voice. He always stays within his limits.

So far I would say that this album ranks as my #1 album of the year. I say that mainly because I don't care for most music that is released nowadays. I respect the hell out of this band and the great job they did with this album. I found it very interesting that Billy Corgan contributed to singing "The Cross" he does a great job and adds another sound for the listener to hear. The best rocking songs: Hour 1 and 321. Best Ballads: Love Will Keep Us Alive and The Future Never Dies. The One Song That Separates Itself from All the Other Songs: Humanity. There isn't anything I didn't like about this album. If I lost it or it got stolen I would go to the nearest CD place and pick it right back up.

ScorpsSistah
    Actually, the guys are in their 50's which makes it all the more awesome. They have proved that aging rockers can still put out the energy and more, normally attributed to younger bands. They have performed this World Tour in sold out venues throughout Europe and are getting ready to hit the States in the Fall. They attribute their youth to MUSIC and this album more than proves it. While I do not hear the plaintive yearning love ballad Klaus' voice is so infamous for, We Will Rise Again comes in very close. With his vocal prowess and purity, he has proven to still be "the voice" of rock and roll. Of course, the cut Hour 1 is heavy hitting both in lyrics and instrumentally, while 321 sounds like a new anthem for our Scorps. Put Klaus' incredible voice with the virtuosity of Rudolf and Matthias' guitar playing, the hard pounding stickman James, and Pawel's heavy bottom beat and once again we have another crowning achievement for the renowned Scorpions; the hardest working band in rock history.
    punky_deryck
    i really love this album.. the riffs has been arranged better than their previous songs. and i salute Klaus for his energetic voice, even in his 50's!!!