The Great Divide review by Scott Stapp

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Scott Stapp: The Great Divide

The sound of this album was a little bit more than what I expected of scott stapp. He has a ok guitarist, but the guitarist can and will never, ever meet the skill level of Mark Tremonti (see Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad for closure on this statement). The guitarist sounds like he is using a PRS with a Mesa, Mark's sound, which is kinda lame in my eyes. Word of advice, get your own sound.

The lyrics were typical stapp, nothing outstanding, same stuff he always did, and you can almost guess who wrote most of the lyrics for creeds greatest hits (Mr. Tremonti). The only song I can say that is awesome as far as lyrics go is The Great Divide, except where he does that little "Ohh, our love is beautiful" bit, that kills the up tempo mood for the entire song. Most people probably hit the back button on their cd players like I do when that part pops up.

Overall, stapp sounds pretty bad in this album, much worse than any creed album. He needs to break away and find a new path such as a fry cook at a McDonalds or something. I loved him in Creed, I dont like him as a solo artist. The fire isnt there anymore, the passion in the songs is almost non existant, and all it is, basically, is pop. I feel that this will be his last album. Wind-Up pushed him incredibly hard, and all he did was dick himself over. You want fries with that Jesus?