The Great Divide review by Scott Stapp

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
Scott Stapp: The Great Divide

The sound is very Creed-ish for some songs such as the Great Divide but The album has many different sounds to it which is greatly surprising. Their are the heavier songs which are awesome and some songs which are quite mellow such as surround me which really has a great sound in the chorus very energetic sounding. The real suprise is the song Broken which shows Scott Stapp reaching new ground. The main instrument is a piano with gospel sounding backing choir Scott's voice sounds very passionate and sings the song as if he means it. I love it and hope this is a single.

I think the lyrics are very different to Scott's writing in some respects. Scott has said the difference is that he didn't prewrite and of the lyrics with this album what came out came out. Their are hidden meanings to some of the songs such as surround me (I'll let you figure it out) I think the lyrics are well written.

I love the album and wish Scott all the best with it. Please release broken as a signle that will be the turning point I think with sales, respect everything! for Scott Stapp. My favourites are Broken, Surround me, and justify which is very different as well.